Volte à Página Anterior
Estudo das Escrituras: Isaías Profetiza sobre os Últimos Dias
O profeta bíblico Isaías previu os últimos dias. Ele profetizou a grande apostasia, quando os profetas e videntes seriam “cobertos”. Depois da apostasia, ele também profetizou sobre o surgimento do Livro de Mórmon, um livro que seria entregue para o inculto menino, o profeta Joseph Smith, porque os intelectuais do dia seriam muito influenciados pelo “preceito do homem”. Isaías profetizou que por intermédio de Joseph uma obra maravilhosa e um assombro seria realizada, a restauração da antiga Igreja de Cristo. Através desta restauração e o associado trabalho missionário, muitos serão trazidos à luz do evangelho. Os mansos e os pobres alegrarão no Santo de Israel.
Isaiah 29:10-14, 18-19:
- For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
- And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
- And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
- Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
- Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
- And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
- The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.