Volte à Página Anterior
Estudo das Escrituras: O papel de Cristo no Plano de Deus
O profeta Isaías no Antigo Testamento profetizou do grande sacrifício expiatório de Cristo, por qual Ele iria pagar pelos pecados do mundo. Assim, Cristo é essencial ao plano de Deus. Ao libertar-nos do pecado, Ele faz com que possamos voltar ao Pai.
- But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
- He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
- And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
- Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
- He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
- Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Quando um anjo apareceu a José (pai adotivo de Jesus) para anunciar o nascimento de seu filho, ele proclamou que Jesus iria salvar o arrependido de seus pecados.
- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Usando o simbolismo da Última Ceia para descrever Seu sacrifício expiatório, Cristo explicou que Ele iria pagar por nossos pecados, tornando possível o perdão.
- For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
O apóstolo Paulo também enfatizou o papel de Cristo no plano de Deus: Cristo morreu por todos nós para que pudéssemos ser perdoados de nossos pecados e voltar para o pai.
- For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
- For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
- And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
O livro bíblico de Hebreus explica que Cristo apagou os pecados dos que se arrependem, o que lhes permite receber a salvação.
- So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
O livro de Hebreus também explica que, por meio do sacrifício de Cristo, podemos ser aperfeiçoados, sugerindo que é somente através de Seu sacrifício que a progressão contínua, a propósito do plano de Deus, é possível.
- By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
- And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
- But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
- From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
- For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
O apóstolo Paulo também explicou que o papel de Cristo no plano de Deus era sacrificar-se por nossos pecados.
- Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
O apóstolo João explicou que através do sacrifício de Cristo podemos ser perdoados de nossos pecados, permitindo-nos continuar a progredir espiritualmente apesar da nossa imaturidade espiritual.
1 John 1:7:
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
João repetiu o mesmo princípio: Cristo pagou pelos pecados do mundo. Podemos tirar proveito da expiação se guardamos os seus mandamentos e temos fé Nele.
1 John 2:2-5:
- And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our’s only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
- He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
- But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
O apóstolo Pedro também ensinou que através do sacrifício de Cristo podemos ser resgatados do pecado.
1 Peter 1:18-19:
- Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
- But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
O apóstolo Pedro repetiu o mesmo princípio: Cristo, que não tinha pecados, tomou sobre si os nossos pecados para que pudéssemos ser espiritualmente curados.
1 Peter 2:21-25:
- For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
- Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
- Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
- Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
O apóstolo João também explicou que Cristo venceu os nossos pecados e tornou possível a nossa progressão contínua, sob a condição de nosso próprio esforço pessoal.
- And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
- And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
O Novo Testamento deixa claro o papel de Cristo no plano de Deus. Através da fé em Cristo e a dedicação aos seus ensinamentos, podemos receber a vida eterna.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jesus Cristo explicou que Ele serviria para preencher a lacuna entre os homens e Deus.
- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
O apóstolo Paulo repetiu que mesmo ensinamento: Jesus Cristo preenche a lacuna.
1 Timothy 2:5-6:
- For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
- Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
O apóstolo Paulo ensinou o mesmo princípio em outro lugar: através do sacrifício de Cristo, somos reconciliados com Deus, apesar de nossas imperfeições.
2 Corinthians 5:15-18:
- And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
- Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;