Regrese a la Página Anterior
Estudio de las Escrituras: Dios Tiene un Cuerpo Físico
El hecho de que el hombre fue creado a imagen de Dios sugiere que Dios no es una fuerza misteriosa o un ser inmaterial, sino que Dios es un ser físico y nos hicieron seres físicos en su semejanza.
- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
El profeta bíblico Jacob vio a Dios cara a cara, lo que sugiere que Dios tiene un cuerpo físico.
- And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
El profeta bíblico Moisés no sólo vio a Dios cara a cara, pero habló con él.
- And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
Además, Moisés vio la mano y la espalda de Dios, lo que sugiere que él tiene un cuerpo físico.
- And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
- And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
- And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
Moisés (y otros) también vieron los pies de Dios.
- Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
- And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
- And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
Los mormones creen que cuando Moisés escribió que Dios tiene una boca, él no estaba hablando alegóricamente.
- And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
- My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
- With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
Moisés también mencionó la boca de Dios en otros lugares.
- And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
Moisés incluso vio el dedo de Dios.
- And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.
El salmista también implicó que Dios tiene un cuerpo físico cuando escribió sobre las manos, brazos y rostro de Dios.
- For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
El Nuevo Testamento describe una visión de la mano derecha de Dios. El hecho de que Dios tiene una mano derecha sugiere que él tiene un cuerpo físico.
- But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
- And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
El apóstol Juan describe el rostro de Dios, de nuevo sugiriendo que Él tiene un cuerpo físico.
- And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
- And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.