Volte à Página Anterior
Estudo das Escrituras: A Ressurreição
Jó claramente acreditava na realidade da ressurreição.
- If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
Jó reconheceu que essa ressurreição viria através do Redentor, Jesus Cristo.
- For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
- And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
O profeta bíblico Daniel também previu a ressurreição.
- And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
- And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Isaías, outro profeta bíblico, também ensinou a ressurreição.
- Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
O profeta Ezequiel teve uma visão ainda mais detalhada da ressurreição.
- The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
- And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
- And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
- Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
- Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
- And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
- So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
- And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
- Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
- So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
- Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
- Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
- And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
- And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
Cristo ressuscitou. Ele foi um exemplo para o mundo seguir.
- And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
- But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
- And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
- Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
- And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
- And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
- And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
- And he took it, and did eat before them.
- And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
- Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
- And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Jesus profetizou que todas as pessoas ressuscitariam.
- Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
- And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
O apóstolo Paulo também ensinou que todos os seres humanos seriam ressuscitados, assim como Cristo havia ressuscitado.
1 Corinthians 15:20-22:
- But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
- For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
- For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Ele ensinou exatamente o mesmo princípio em outros lugares também:
1 Corinthians 6:14:
- And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
Paulo ofereceu mais detalhes em uma epístola aos Tessalonicenses: “os mortos em Cristo” seriam ressuscitados primeiro, o que implica que, mesmo aqueles que não “morrem em Cristo” seriam ressuscitados eventualmente.
1 Thessalonians 4:16:
- For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Em uma epístola aos Coríntios Paulo também ensinou que todos serão ressuscitados, acrescentando que todos receberão corpos gloriosos e poderosos.
1 Corinthians 15:35-55:
- But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
- Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
- And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
- But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
- All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
- There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
- There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
- So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
- It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
De acordo com Paulo, depois da ressurreição, nossos corpos serão “incorruptíveis” e a morte será para sempre conquistada.
1 Corinthians 15:51-55:
- Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
- In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
- So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
- O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
Paulo ensinou o mesmo princípio no livro de Filipenses: após a ressurreição receberemos corpos imortais e perfeitos, como o do Cristo ressuscitado.
- For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
- Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.