Regrese a la Página Anterior
Estudio de las Escrituras: El papel de Cristo en el Plan de Dios
El profeta Isaías del Antiguo Testamento profetizó del gran sacrificio expiatorio de Cristo, por el cual pagaría por los pecados del mundo. Así Cristo es central en el plan de Dios. Al liberarnos del pecado, Él hace posible que podamos regresar al Padre.
- But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
- He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
- And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
- Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
- He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
- Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Cuando un ángel se le apareció a José (padre adoptivo de Jesús) para anunciar el nacimiento de su hijo, él proclamó que Jesús salvaría a los arrepentidos de sus pecados.
- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Utilizando el simbolismo de la Última Cena para describir su sacrificio expiatorio, Jesús explicó que Él pagaría el precio por nuestros pecados, haciendo posible el perdón.
- For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
El apóstol Pablo también hizo hincapié en el papel de Cristo en el plan de Dios: Cristo murió por todos nosotros para que pudiéramos ser perdonados de nuestros pecados y volver al Padre.
- For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
- For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
- And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
El libro bíblico de Hebreos explica que Cristo llevó los pecados de los arrepentidos, lo que les permite recibir la salvación.
- So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
El libro de Hebreos explica también que a través del sacrificio de Cristo podemos ser perfeccionados, lo que sugiere que es sólo a través de su sacrificio que la progresión continua, el propósito del plan de Dios, es posible.
- By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
- And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
- But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
- From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
- For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
El apóstol Pablo también explica que el papel de Cristo en el plan de Dios es entregarse por nuestros pecados.
- Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
El apóstol Juan explica que a través del sacrificio de Cristo, podemos ser perdonados de nuestros pecados, lo que nos permite continuar progresando espiritualmente a pesar de nuestra falta de madurez espiritual.
1 John 1:7:
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Juan explicó en otra parte el mismo principio: Cristo pagó por los pecados del mundo. Podemos tomar ventaja de la expiación si guardamos sus mandamientos y ejercemos fe en él.
1 John 2:2-5:
- And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our’s only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
- He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
- But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
El apóstol Pedro también enseñó que a través del sacrificio de Cristo podemos ser redimidos del pecado.
1 Peter 1:18-19:
- Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
- But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
El apóstol Pedro repite el mismo principio: Cristo, que no tenía pecados, tomó sobre sí nuestros pecados para que pudiéramos ser sanados espiritualmente.
1 Peter 2:21-25:
- For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
- Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
- Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
- Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
El apóstol Juan también explicó que Cristo venció nuestros pecados y ha hecho posible nuestro progreso continuo, con la condición de nuestro esfuerzo personal.
- And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
- And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
El Nuevo Testamento pone de manifiesto el papel de Cristo en el plan de Dios. A través de la fe en Cristo y la dedicación a sus enseñanzas, podemos recibir la vida eterna.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jesucristo mismo explicó que Él serviría para cerrar la brecha entre el hombre y Dios.
- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
El apóstol Pablo hizo eco de esa misma enseñanza: Jesús Cristo cerra la brecha.
1 Timothy 2:5-6:
- For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
- Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
El apóstol Pablo enseñó el mismo principio en otra parte: a través del sacrificio de Cristo, somos reconciliados con Dios a pesar de nuestras imperfecciones.
2 Corinthians 5:15-18:
- And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
- Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;