Volte à Página Anterior
Scripture-Study List: Earth Life
The apostle James taught that one of the purposes of this life is to “endure temptation,” even though we are no longer in God’s immediate presence. Diligence in resisting temptation leads to eternal life.
- Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
The apostle Peter taught that this life is a “trial of our faith,” an opportunity to demonstrate our dedication to doing God’s will even though we are no longer in His presence.
1 Peter 1:6-7:
- Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
- That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
The apostle Paul taught that in this life we must exercise our faith in God even though we are not in His immediate presence.
2 Corinthians 5:6-7:
- Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
- (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)