Estudo das Escrituras: Fornicação e Adultério
O Antigo Testamento descreve como José, filho de Jacó, fugiu adultério. Deus o abençoou por sua fidelidade.
- And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
- But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
- There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
- And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
- And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
- And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
Deus deu a Moisés os Dez Mandamentos, um dos quais especificamente condenou o adultério.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Jesus Cristo ensinou que fornicação e adultério não estão em harmonia com a vontade de Deus.
- For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
- These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
O apóstolo Paulo ensinou aos coríntios que os fornicadores e adúlteros não herdarão o reino de Deus.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 13, 18:
- Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
- Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
- Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Paulo ensinou o mesmo princípio aos Gálatas. Fornicação e adultério são contrários à vontade de Deus.
- Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
- Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
- Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Mais uma vez, Paulo ensinou o mesmo princípio aos Tessalonicenses: fornicação é um pecado.
- For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
- For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
- That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
- Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
No livro bíblico de Hebreus, o adultério é especificamente condenado, mas o casamento é considerado honroso para todos.
- Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.