Scripture-Study List: Fornication and Adultery
The Old Testament describes how Joseph, the son of Jacob, fled adultery. God blessed him for his faithfulness.
- And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
- But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
- There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
- And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
- And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
- And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.