Estudio de las Escrituras: El Diezmo
Antiguamente, Abraham pagó el diezmo a Melquisedec, sacerdote de Dios.
- And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
- And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
- And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
El profeta bíblico Jacob dijo que pagó el diezmo–diez por ciento de sus ingresos–como una forma de expresar gratitud por todo lo que Dios le había dado.
- And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
- So that I come again to my father’s house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: