I have been inactive for over 18 years, but received my Patriarchal Blessing before I left for my mission in 1982. Is there a way to get a copy of it? I would like to re-read it and see if at my old age I can salvage what life I have left.

Thank you


2 Responses to “I have been inactive for over 18 years, but received my…”

Jeff Drake
2017-10-23 07:16:11
Hi there! First of all, it's great to hear that you're considering coming back to church. The best part of repentance is that it applies to everyone, and it's never too late. Whatever you've done, your Heavenly Father still loves you and your Savior has still sacrificed Himself for you.

Regarding your Patriarchal Blessing, the Church has actually made it extremely easy to request a copy. You can even request it online! If you happen to already have an LDS account, you can go to https://pb.lds.org/pbrequest and sign in to request a copy. If not, just enter your address at http://maps.lds.org to find your local congregation and priesthood leader, and he'll let you know who to contact to get your membership number and create an account.

Regardless of where you are in your life, the Church is always there and ready to accept you. It's often hard for people to return after taking some time away, but remember: we're all in this together. It's highly unlikely that anyone will judge you for having been gone; they'll just rejoice that you've chosen to return! Once you've found your congregation, why not stop by, this Sunday, and take advantage of all that the Savior has for you?

God bless, Anon, and best of luck! L
2017-10-28 18:08:27
You can contact your local bishop (maps.lds.org, search by your address, and click the local ward for the bishop's or ward office contact information) or perhaps Church Headquarters (801-240-1000) to obtain your Record Number. Once you have that information, you can create an account at lds.org and pull up a copy of your blessing for printing or viewing.

Leave a Comment

Comments have been closed because this question is so old.
Instead, you might want to: