Scripture-Study List: The Pre-Mortal Existance
Job of the Old Testament was told that all of God’s children shouted for joy when the foundations of the earth were laid. If we then shouted for joy, we must have existed before we came to earth as mortal beings.
- Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
- Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
- Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
- When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
The Old Testament teaches that upon our death our spirits return to God. If we return to God, we must have existed with God before we came to earth.
- Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.